Family Law Express Forum

Full Version: Timelines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One thing that I always recommend to clients preparing for a court battle is to prepare a timeline. Eventually a shortened version of it will be needed prior to final hearing, but you can save a lot of time and money by getting one going as soon as your matter is filed - if not sooner. The less time your solicitor has to spend sorting evidence to make a coherent story the less it will cost.

The more organized your information is the less time you need to waste hunting it out time and again when you're thinking through the million and one things you need to work out to make your case. It also lessens your stress, because you have a sense of being more in control of your case, and the long-term effects of stress can leave you in a distressed state of mind that could be used against you by your ex (or Child Safety, if that's the reason you're on this site).

If you are reading this you must have at least some access to a computer. It is worth learning how to use a simple spreadsheet. If you don't have Excel, Openoffice does the same thing, just for free. In the first row of column A type in 'Date.' Beside that in Column B type 'event.' Then in Column C type 'Witnesses.' Column D is 'Evidence.'

Right-click the 'A' at the top of the first column, to highlight the entire column. The left-click to get a menu of formatting options, and 'format cells' date, selecting dd/mm/yy as the format.

Now go back to the beginning - when did you meet your ex? 1/1/1995? Put in the data:
A B C D
Date Event Witness Evidence
1/1/95 Met ex. Her sister. SMS next day.

You're good to go. As you think of and locate evidence you can add it in. You can also learn to sort by date so that things added later get to the right row. If there are physical pieces of evidence you can put them in a manila folder in a box, in date order, and then your spreadsheet is an index to whatever you have to work with. If you want to get fancy, if you have events on two rows, and think of something that happened between those two dates, a right click on the automatically-generated row number will get a menu where you can 'insert row,' and then a blank row will appear that you can use, in the correct spot.

Of course, if there are more pieces of evidence, you can add them to column E, F, G, etc. If there are pieces of evidence that you know exist but need to find, it's a good idea to right-click the cell, 'format cells' and go to 'Background.' Change the background to red or green or some colour that will remind you when you look at the sheet to hunt for that vital piece of evidence!

There is a huge range of things that could be evidence. Receipts and SMS's of course, possible voice recordings, CCTV (always worth checking out!) or other things.

You might think more things are important that your solicitor does, but I always suggest that you err on the side of including things if you think that Evidence X proves Point Y. The final version that can be printed out (Columns A and B only) for the Court will always be shorter than what you've created. But better to have your fingers on things that might prove useful than simply leave them out then have to chase things at the last minute!

Weeding through evidence you will find that a few SMS messages are very important, and most are not. But sometimes a receipt showing you were at Canberra McDonalds on the morning of 25/9/12, when you are accused of being in Melbourne at about that time 'stalking' your ex, might just be lifesaving. Keeping it safe could make a huge difference to your matter. Documents that are obviously very important should be scanned and stored in a safe online account with a secure password that your ex won't be able to guess. Ideally, though for Court purposes, a JP-certified true copy will carry more weight on the day if required. A fireproof document safe is a good idea generally even if you're not involved in these proceedings, so if the importance of this point is clear, let this motivate you to get one!

JP-certified copies of things can include screenshots of facebook exchanges. A screenshot is one thing, a screenshot printed out and certified by a JP who has sighted the original page is conclusive. Once again, fireproof document safe! Once your ex realises you have social media evidence, expect to be blocked and the page taken down. This realisation may occur well before you file your affidavit with the screenshot.

If you are really not computer literate, I have seen people manage their cases equally successfully with a simple box of recipe cards, which you can still buy. All that is needed is to keep it chronological, so it corresponds with the manila folders in your box!

So start the process yesterday, and start clearning more space in your brain for the clear thinking you need to do without the clutter of worrying about whether you've got everything and where it is!
Great stuff, very important to be clear on the timeline and think of it in advance!
(30-Nov-2016, 11:05 PM)knoxfamilylaw Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff, very important to be clear on the timeline and think of it in advance!

Thanks for the feedback! And FYI that was my temp account while this one was in limbo, if you need to contact me, please message this one. Cheers!
Apostilles and legal files Authentication can be in intimidating and incredibly tough, which is why it is important to locate an expert and skilled master that takes an informed approach. Through this service offering, you can depend on us to arrange a meeting with anyone at a convenient location of your fancy, obtain all important papaers which is the document(s) needing an Apostille or Authentication. We will Apostillize and fill out all primary letters on your behalf. Extra verifications may be added for Authentication by The admin of State. I will provide the letters for verification to ensure verification with The Great Mark of GA. An Apostille requires verification with the Clerk cooperating Authority who issues a Apostille which is accepted by towns that are members of the appropriate parties. if you get a chance take a look at my Atalnta mobile apostille forum: [color=#000_url]how do you pronounce apostille by Milton GA[/color]
we are feeling fuzzy that we was shown your web page, this is novel and the sorts of info my daughter and I are continually scanning around for every onter day. The details all over this webpage is truely helpful - the best and will assist my dog and I a couple times a week. Seems like the blog carefully put together a significant amount of incredible of details around things I am continually researching and the other links and information also exibits it. I am not regularly on the internet when I am busy however when we get a break we're always poking around for this sort of factual information or stuff similarly having to do with it. I have a couple of my cohorts that have also developed a liking in this due to all that I have seen about it and they are for sure to be visiting this forum since it is an super discovery. I'm also really into in new ways to make money and cope with the democratic line ups turns and twists in engineering tech and equally searching for other hunting resources companies to further making progress. [color=#000_url]buy my home quick with cash around atlanta ga and South Fulton Georgia 30349[/color]
Videography may be the art or manner of recording moving pictures on film or digitally. It is a highly inspiring and technical field that needs a combination of esthetic vision, technological know-how, and solid connection skills. The work of a videographer would be to create visually compelling images that tell a story, convey an email, or simply just captivate an audience. In this article, we're going to explore the many aspects of the work of a videographer and exactly why it is an important and challenging profession. probably the most critical components of videography is storytelling. A videographer is in charge of bringing a story to life with the use of moving images. They must be able to understand the story they are attempting to tell, and then use their technical skills to capture it in a visually compelling way. This involves a deep understanding of the narrative structure, character development, and pacing of a story. It requires an excellent feeling of how exactly to visually convey emotions, moods, and themes. Creativity: Videographers should be in a position to think creatively to be able to visually tell a tale or convey an email. They have to have the ability to see things various way, and then use their specialized skills to create those tips to life. This calls for an excellent sense of composition, color, and movement. In addition it requires an awareness of how to use visual effects and animation to improve the visual impact of an account. A videographer will need to have a watch for detail, and also identify and rectify errors within their footage. They must be able to begin to see the big picture as well as the small details. This requires a beneficial knowledge of the technical aspects of the craft, as well as an ability to pay attention to the tiny details that will make a positive change when you look at the final product. If you wish to comprehend more info on this specific subject come by excellent business: [color=#000_url]freelance director and from Miami Florida[/color]
Extremely so excited that I came across this web site! Not simply has it long been certainly productive for me in stipulations of finding information on a assortment of topics, it is recently been a unique way for my situation to relate with some other customers which hold comparable passions. Recently uncovered so a few helpful tips and steps here that have already in reality helped me within my day to day dwelling, and it's hard to hold out to pass on this web site together with my buddies. Additionally, I are aware of that they will value the most important loved knowledge the fact they is able to find presented here as well. Let me surely be re-evaluating this web page again and again and once more,, as there is always typically anything captivating and arousing to turn up. thank you for manufacturing this kind of first rate stage, and I can not wait around to convey this useful resource with my relations. I are aware that that the can value the protected data that it can line up in this case at the same time. I'm going to without any doubt be re-evaluating this site repeatedly just as before, as there is certainly dependably things surprising and revitalizing to locate. Be fuller for crafting such an fantastic system!

I am tremendously grateful for happening upon this web-site, because it it has furnished me with extraordinary education and resources that I will use in my very own and top notch everyday life. I most certainly will absolutely be circulating the word almost this awesome blog to my homies and will continue to return to it continuously to get more tips.
If you wish to know more more about this article content come to my favorite web site: Videographer Prices Philadelphia, PA
Videography is the art and means of capturing moving photos on film or digitally. It really is a highly creative and technical field that will require a mix of inspired vision, complicated understanding, and firm communication skills. The job of a videographer is to create visually compelling images that tell an account, convey a note, or simply just amuse a gathering. In this essay, we will explore the different aspects of the task of a videographer and why it really is an essential and complex profession. One of the most critical aspects of videography is storytelling. A videographer is responsible for bringing a story to life with the use of moving images. They need to manage to comprehend the story they are attempting to tell, and then use their technical skills to capture it in a visually compelling way. This calls for a deep knowledge of the narrative structure, character development, and pacing of an account. Moreover it requires a great sense of just how to visually convey emotions, moods, and themes. Creative imagination: Videographers must be able to think creatively in order to visually tell an account or convey an email. They need to manage to see things various way, and then use their techie skills to create those ideas to life. This requires an excellent feeling of composition, color, and movement. In addition it requires an awareness of simple tips to use visual effects and animation to enhance the visual impact of a tale. A videographer must have a watch for detail, and also identify and rectify errors in their footage. They should be in a position to start to see the big picture plus the small details. This calls for a great knowledge of the technical facets of the craft, along with an ability to pay attention to the little details that can make a big difference into the final product. If you want to realize more about such a subject click on my own web blog: [color=#000_url]lifestyle photographer los angeles and near St. Louis Missouri[/color]
Greetings my name is MATT D'AGATI.
Solar power has grown to become one of the most promising and sought-after resources of clean, renewable energy in the last few years. This might be due to its numerous benefits, including cost benefits, energy savings, in addition to positive impact it offers regarding the environment. In this specific article, we shall talk about the advantages of choosing solar technology in homes and businesses, the technology behind it, and just how it may be implemented to maximise its benefits.

One of the main benefits of using solar technology in homes may be the cost benefits it offers. Solar power panels are designed for generating electricity for your house, reducing or eliminating the necessity for traditional sourced elements of energy. This might bring about significant savings in your monthly energy bill, particularly in areas with a high energy costs. In addition, the price of solar energy panels and associated equipment has decreased significantly through the years, rendering it less expensive for homeowners to buy this technology.

Another good thing about using solar technology in homes could be the increased value it may provide to your property. Homes which have solar power panels installed are often valued higher than homes that do not, while they offer an energy-efficient and environmentally friendly replacement for traditional energy sources. This increased value could be a significant benefit for homeowners who will be seeking to sell their home later on.

For businesses, the many benefits of using solar power are wide ranging. Among the primary benefits is financial savings, as businesses can significantly reduce their energy costs by adopting solar power. In addition, there are numerous government incentives and tax credits accessible to companies that adopt solar technology, making it a lot more affordable and cost-effective. Furthermore, businesses that adopt solar energy can benefit from increased profitability and competitiveness, since they are viewed as environmentally conscious and energy-efficient.

The technology behind solar technology is simple and easy, yet highly effective. Solar power panels are made of photovoltaic (PV) cells, which convert sunlight into electricity. This electricity may then be kept in batteries or fed directly into the electrical grid, with respect to the specific system design. To be able to maximize some great benefits of solar power, it is critical to design a custom system this is certainly tailored to your unique energy needs and requirements. This may make sure that you have the proper components set up, like the appropriate number of solar panel systems together with right sort of batteries, to increase your power efficiency and value savings.

One of many important aspects in designing a custom solar technology system is knowing the different types of solar panel systems and their performance characteristics. There are 2 main forms of solar energy panels – monocrystalline and polycrystalline – each featuring its own benefits and drawbacks. Monocrystalline solar power panels are produced from just one, high-quality crystal, helping to make them more cost-effective and sturdy. However, also, they are more expensive than polycrystalline panels, that are made of multiple, lower-quality crystals.

As well as solar power panels, a custom solar technology system may also include a battery system to keep excess energy, in addition to an inverter to convert the stored energy into usable electricity. It's important to choose a battery system this is certainly with the capacity of storing the quantity of energy you'll need for your specific energy needs and requirements. This may ensure that you have a dependable way to obtain power in the case of power outages or any other disruptions to your time supply.

Another advantageous asset of using solar technology may be the positive impact this has in the environment. Solar power is on a clean and renewable power source, producing no emissions or pollutants. This makes it a perfect replacement for traditional types of energy, such as for example fossil fuels, that are a significant contributor to polluting of the environment and greenhouse gas emissions. By adopting solar technology, homeowners and businesses can really help reduce their carbon footprint and subscribe to a cleaner, more sustainable future.

To conclude, the advantages of using solar technology in both homes and companies are numerous and should not be overstated. From cost benefits, energy efficiency, and increased property value to environmental impact and technological advancements, solar power provides a multitude of advantages. By knowing the technology behind solar technology and designing a custom system tailored to specific energy needs, you're able to maximize these benefits and also make a positive effect on both personal finances in addition to environment. Overall, the adoption of solar technology is an intelligent investment for a sustainable and bright future.

if you'd like to gain knowledge of more info on this idea topic come by simple url: https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/Matthew-F-Pech-56081101haverhill company solar panel[/color]
Videography may be the art and technique of recording moving images on film or digitally. It really is a very imaginative and technical field that will require a combination of esthetic vision, technological skill, and strong connection skills. The task of a videographer would be to create visually compelling images that tell a tale, convey a note, or simply captivate a gathering. In this specific article, we are going to examine the different aspects of the work of a videographer and exactly why it really is an essential and ambitious profession. one of the more critical components of videography is storytelling. A videographer is in charge of bringing an account to life by using moving images. They must be able to comprehend the story they have been attempting to tell, and then use their technical skills to fully capture it in a visually compelling way. This requires a deep understanding of the narrative structure, character development, and pacing of a tale. It requires a beneficial sense of how to visually convey emotions, moods, and themes. Creativeness: Videographers must be able to think creatively in order to visually tell an account or convey an email. They need to have the ability to see things in a different way, and then use their specialized skills to bring those ideas to life. This involves an excellent sense of composition, color, and movement. Moreover it requires an understanding of just how to use visual effects and animation to enhance the visual impact of an account. A videographer will need to have a watch for detail, and be able to identify and rectify errors in their footage. They should be able to begin to see the big picture plus the small details. This requires a good understanding of the technical areas of the craft, in addition to an ability to concentrate on the small details that may make an impact when you look at the final product. if you'd like to understand more about this article topic browse excellent online store: [color=#000_url]Actors Headshot in los angeles and around St. Louis Missouri[/color]
Pages: 1 2