Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing Affidavits
I separated about 2 years ago. Initially, my wife would allow me free access to my daughters, so we had a fairly flexible arrangement. Despite the separation, our arrangement with the kids worked well.

However recently I met a new woman, who I have done my best not to flaunt in my wife's face, but she eventually found out and since then she has been making life hell for me when it comes to contact with my girls.

Ironically, she doesn't want me herself, but she also doesn't want me to be with anyone else.

Anyway, I have tried everything with her, even offering to pay for mediation, which she has refused in writing.

So I figure that I best start preparing for Court, in case it heads down that way, because I don't know how much longer of this I can handle.

So I am looking for tips on how I should write the affidavit, what infomation I should put in it, what to leave out, how long it should be..etc.

Deric, its important you first ask yourself what you want to achieve as a final outcome.

I have seen too many parents seek shared care of their children, for instance, and yet do their best to assassinate the character of their ex-partner in their affidavit.

I think it is a good rule of thumb to try and be as objective as possible, and list the good qualities of your ex-wife, as well as the behaviours that are now creating problems.

You should also remember that although certain events in your relationships history may be very significant to you, it may not necessarily be legal important, and so be brief, and only refer to the information that a Court can consider as legally relevant.

I am in the process of writing my affidavit.

It is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I have so much to write about, but I fear that it will become way to long to be effective.

Can someone post some pointers on how to write a more effective affidavit?

(18-Aug-2015, 07:42 AM)_robert Wrote: I am in the process of writing my affidavit.

It is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I have so much to write about, but I fear that it will become way to long to be effective.

Can someone post some pointers on how to write a more effective affidavit?

add you reply here...robert, i know its been awhile but did you get the answers that you need.one thing ive found out is the forms the court provide you are difficult to fill out. ive always filled out my personal information and then wrote " see attached" and then wrote my own pages. one thing you want to make sure of is being able to prove everything that you list. and whatever you staye make sure it only affects your childs life. yoir ex going out with 10 guys a month isnt an issue if your children dont wittness it.also what worked for me is to list each topic in order of importance ..then start with the most damaging. that way of it gets to long you have told him early the real bad stuff. anything i can help you with ill do the best i can..