Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phone recordings
I have recorded my wife on my iphone threatening to prevent me from seeing my kids again.

I also two genuine phone recordings of my wife, one on an answering machine that continued to record after I picked it up, and the other is a recording I organised myself with a device attached to the phone.

I would like to know whether legally I am allowed to submit any of these recordings to Police or to Court as evidence?

I think this is a very common question amongst arguing couples and even disputing neighbours.

I know that there are federal laws around this matter as well as state laws, but what it all means in this case I am not too sure. But I would say that if she was aware that she was being recorded, as it may be the case with your iphone and then again may be the case with the answering machine, then I can't see on what basis this information could be made inadmissible.

One line of thinking however that may work for you. Even if you recorded your ex without her acceptance, simply transcribe the phone conversation in writing, and submit it as a transcript. Don't mention that you have a recording, but claim that you can recollect it. Usually, from the details in the transcript, Judges realise that you have the recording, without having to argue whether it was legally recorded or not.

Thumbs Down 
A comprehensive article written by one of our expert writers can be found at the following link.

Audio Recordings as Evidence in Family Court priceedings

http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-brief/evidence/electronic-surveillance/audio-recordings-as-evidence-in-family-court-proceedings/2682/

Iid also worth checking out our Court Decisions section, under the Evidence category.

I would suggest that the devil is in the detail with most audio recordings, and whether they are admitted or not depends on numerous details, not just the question of whether the individual was aware that they were being recorded.

it is legal to record conversations without consent – and when one was not party to them – to protect a “legitimate lawful interest“.

In 2012, former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney was found not-guilty in the August 2007 murder of his wife, WA Supreme Court Registrar Corryn Rayney.

Although many remain unconvinced of his innocence, the as-yet un-resolved issue of his secret recordings of his wife’s phone conversations is still making its way through the system.

His justification for the recordings, he believed it was legal to record conversations without consent – and when one was not party to them – to protect a “legitimate lawful interest“.

Another prominent Australian who is also using the defence of “legitimate lawful interest” to justify his countless of hours of phone recordings, many of which are extremely damning on him regardless of whether the recordings themselves are deemed to be lawful or not.

Fair Work Commission vice president Michael Lawler recently revealed he has been covertly recording phone conversations with his boss.

“It is legitimate to record conversations to be used to protect oneself later, which is clearly the advice and opinion of Vice President Lawler,” he said.

Secret Phone Recordings Justified to Protect a “Legitimate Lawful Interest”
http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-news/evidence/secret-recordings/secret-phone-recordings-justified-to-protect-a-legitimate-lawful-interest/3014/

Interesting caveat there about the legitimate lawful interest...

In my case I recorded everything and then submitted it all as transcripts.

I think everyone knew I had recordings, but they were too scared to challenge my transcriptions because I left the worst of the stuff she said out of the transcripts.

The Judge had no problem with my submissions. add you reply here...

Another related article on audio recordings in the Family Court has been published.

8 Tips On Admitting Audio Recordings In Family Law Hearings

Section 7 of the Surveillance Devices Act 2007 (NSW) (“SDA“) makes it unlawful to record private conversations without the consent of the other person unless it comes within one of the exceptions in subsections (2) & (3) of section 7 SDA. So what are some useful tips that arise from this case:

Read theme here: 8 Tips On Admitting Audio Recordings In Family Law Hearings

http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-news/evidence/secret-recordings/8-tips-on-admitting-audio-recordings-in-family-law-hearings/3450/

notaries and Document verification usually is in intimidating also isnaley hard, and is why it’s very important to find an expert and skilled professional who will take an informed approach. Through this service offering, you can count on us to meet with you at a convenient spot of your liking, obtain all necessary files which is the document(s) that need an notary or Authentication. We will Apostillize and register all the important letters on your behalf. Extra verifications can be added for Authentication by The admin of State. I will provide the documents for verification to ensure verification with The Big Stamp of GA. An Notary requires verification through the person Cooperative Authority that issues the Naotary that is given by towns who are legions of the Group. when you happen to get a chance take a look at my Atalnta notary blog: [color=#000_url]apostille documents of Buckhead GA[/color]

Hola to the community. I am tickled to have found this group. Ive been scouring for this info for days and I will be sure to tell my membership base to hop by. The other morning I was skipping through the google searches trying to scope out the right solution to my staggering questions. Now I am inspired to take things higher in whatever mode I can. We are getting all pickled out on the smart ideas we are observing. Moreover, I just hoped to thank you while I could for such excellent assistance. This has pushed me out of unhealthy habits. Many beautiful things are growing in my world. Its really a safe place to make new great effect. One item I'll mention is that I am researching. If you have time, visit my new Site:drywall repair orange county near me VALLEY VILLAGE CA

Videography is the art or manner of recording moving photographs on film or digitally. It is a highly innovative and also technical field that needs a mixture of inspired vision, technical talent, and solid connection skills. The task of a videographer is always to create visually compelling images that tell a story, convey a note, or just amuse an audience. In this specific article, we are going to examine the many components of the work of a videographer and exactly why it is an essential and specialized profession. one of the more critical facets of videography is storytelling. A videographer is in charge of bringing a tale to life through the use of moving images. They need to have the ability to understand the story they have been trying to tell, and then use their technical skills to capture it in a visually compelling way. This calls for a deep comprehension of the narrative structure, character development, and pacing of a story. It also requires a beneficial sense of how exactly to visually convey emotions, moods, and themes. Creativeness: Videographers must be able to think creatively so that you can visually tell an account or convey an email. They need to have the ability to see things in different ways, and then use their techie skills to create those tips to life. This calls for a great sense of composition, color, and movement. In addition requires an understanding of how exactly to use visual effects and animation to boost the visual impact of a story. A videographer should have a watch for detail, and be able to identify and rectify errors inside their footage. They should be able to begin to see the big picture along with the small details. This calls for a beneficial comprehension of the technical components of the craft, along with an ability to pay attention to the small details that will make a positive change into the final product. Should you want to discover more about this specific subject go to simple web: [color=#000_url]santa monica pier drone and from Los Angeles CA[/color]