Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family Report attendance
(25-Jul-2015, 03:46 PM)Dr Travis Gee Wrote: Hi, Clark,The object of the family report is to get a balanced view of all sides, and so both parents as well as the children (to the extent possible) would normally be interviewed. 

That's not to say that all will *rely* on both parents.

Hi Dr Gee.

Well, as an update, I was never contacted by the family report writer. Our hearing is set for this November, and I still have no idea whether a family report was written, and if it was, whether I will get a copy of it.

I am a self-represented litigant, and as such, I contacted the ICL who has been appointed to our case, first by email and then 2 weeks later by phone.

She did not respond to my email, but over the phone she said: "It is inappropriate of you to contact me directly."

When I said that I have no other option as I am an SRL, she told me that I should get a lawyer and then she will talk to the lawyer.

I do not have the money to get a lawyer, but is this the only way that I can get a copy of the family report before our hearing? I just want to ensure that I can prepare to address any claims that it makes that I think are not accurate, and as such I do not want to read it for the first time on the morning of our hearing.