Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexplained Family Report and PA
(07-Sep-2018, 10:10 PM)Preption Wrote: My older kid (now adult) is totally alienated. 

Now the FRW is recommending that I be prevented from taking my younger kid to a psychologist if I see alienation developing with my younger kid - no explanation given.

In my experience assisting other parents, I know of a handful of cases only where a psychologist has been able to successfully combat alienation, without recommending that the child be completely removed from the influence of the other parent.

I understand it is perhaps a desperate call for help on your part, but I just don't think the system is skilled and balanced enough to address alienation without drastic action, which often in truth defeats the purpose and causes more damage to the child.

Now, depending on the age and gender of the younger child, a number of factors can be at play, but first you may want to provide some more details.

-What is the gender and age of younger child?
-What is gender of adult child?
-Are both these children full siblings?
-Are both these children in contact with each other, and if so, what is their relationship?
-What in your view is the specific cause of the alienation in both cases?
-And perhaps the hardest question of all...and this is in no way suggesting that you are at fault, but being brutally honest with yourself, can you say what you did (that you could have better controlled in hindsight), that facilitated this alienation in both the children?